What does the course cover?
To begin your course you will receive a brief but necessary introduction to health and safety, a run through of the tools we will be using and what you can do with them, glass fusing basics, cutting skills and technical information. The course is a beginner’s courses so don’t feel worried if you have never attempted anything like this before everything will be explained! I also offer hand-outs to take away with you for future reference.
Throughout the evening students will experiment with dichroic glass, stringers, frit inclusions decals and layering glass. The course will encourage students to think about the design elements of your piece and how the jewellery will be worn and students will be shown how to create a finished piece and experiment with attaching fittings and bails. The pieces you create on the jewellery course will be fired overnight using our electric Kiln ready for you to collect in 48hours. Or alternatively, we can post these out to you at no extra cost.
Our course fee includes
· A wide range of materials – 2 finished pieces of work bail included – extra glass pendants will be charged at £5 per pendant
· All students have use of their own set of tools for the day
· Tutoring by glass artist Karen Williamson from Dreamer In Glass
· Teaching ratio typically 1:4
· Hand-outs covering course basics.
· Sending on service available if you are unable to collect in person.
What should I bring?
Only you and a closed toe pair of shoes. All of your glass, materials and use of tools are included in the price.
Course Times and Prices:
The course starts at 7pm and runs until approximately 10pm. There is a chance that it may overrun depending on progress. 3 Hour Beginners Glass Jewellery Course